What you will need;
4 black Tea bags
Small glass bottles
Instant coffee (optional)
1. Boil the water and leave the tea bags to soak in it for 10 minutes or more. (Do the bags need to be removed now?)
2. Add the paper to the water and leave it to soak for at least 10 minutes.
3. Remove paper from the water and leave to dry. Or if you are wanting more discolouration of the paper at this stage, put some instant coffee on the wet paper and rub it in until you are happy with the effect.
4. Once paper is dry, write your wording onto the paper. I did a theme of a treasure map with mine.
5. Distress the paper by screwing it up and tearing or burning the edges with a lighter. Be careful to put out the flame before it burns your design.
6. Roll up and tie with some ribbon and place in a small glass bottle, I added a little sand to the bottom of mine.
Hand out to your favourite pirates.