The fixings are very small so almost invisible which give this canopy the appearance of floating.
What you will need;
4 x eyelets
1 x roll of line wire ( I used 5mm)
4m Lightweight material of your choice
Thread (colour to match your material)
2 sticks width will depend on the side that you want your canopy to be.
1. First you will need to sew a tunnel for your second stick to go through. If you want a gathered look- as I have here, you will need to gather the material slightly as you sew, remember you can always bunch or gather it more once the stick is in place. Remember to leave an overhang at the front to soften the look- about 10cm should do the trick.
2. Create a loop by twisting one end of the wire leaving it the right size to put the stick into it. Then put the other end through one of the eye hooks and twist to fix it in place.
3. Work out where you want the canopy placed in relation to the bed then place the eye hooks in the ceiling at either end of where the sit will sit. The eye hooks can be pushed and twisted into plasterboard (Photo 2)
4. Feed through the material over the first stick closest to the wall, see photo 3. Then feed the second stick through the tunnel you sewed earlier.
5. Then simply place the second stick into the second set of eye hooks you have positioned. You may need to chance the location of these once you see the canopy up.
This budget friendly canopy will give any bedroom an instant update. It could also be used for any princesses in the house who would like a more royal feel to their bed.