What you will need;
- Large jar or glass vase/bowl
- Small plastic animals or dinosaurs
- Paint/paint brush (optional)
- Potting Mix
- Tweezers/chop sticks
- Small rocks
- A selection of small plants (I used succulents and moss)
1. Place enough sand in the bottom of the vessel to cover the bottom by about 2cm's.
2. Place another 2cm of potting mix onto the sand.
3. Carefully using tweezers or chop sticks, plant the succulents in the potting mix. Select plants that vary in height and texture to add interest. Then add the rocks.
4. Paint the dinosaurs or animals if you wish to change their colour,. When dry add dinosaurs/animals to jar with tweezers.
5. Water lightly regulatrly and enjoy!
This project is similar to the terrarium I made last year, the kids love the addition of the small animals, they add that bit of interest and fun.