My husband loves white chocolate which is why I made this White Chocolate Cheesecake for my husbands birthday once. It fast became a family favourite, requested for special occasions. This decadent dessert it certainly a treat worth waiting for, I think its the mascarpone that makes it delicious.
- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 250g packet cream cheese
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- raspberries or berry compote
1. Blend or process the biscuits until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in butter. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of 24cm springform tin then refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 150°C or 130°C fan-forced. Place cream and chocolate in a small heavy-based saucepan; stir over a low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese and caster sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until just smooth; add the mascarpone, beat until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time until just combined; stir in chocolate mixture and cornflour.
4. Place tin on an oven tray; pour the cheesecake mixture into tin. Gently press 150g of the raspberries into surface, or pour a swirl of coolie on top of the cheesecake.
5. Bake in a slow oven for about 55 minutes or until just set. Cool in oven with door ajar. When cheesecake is cool enough refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. If you wish, decorate with remaining raspberries/compote, or both and dust with a little sifted icing sugar, if desired. Enjoy!!