So its autumn, sigh, but with autumn comes feijoa's. I am a real believer of using produce which is in season, especially when it grows in abundance for a short period of time. A good friend of mine is providing me with a steady of supply of these yummy fruit. I plan to make the most of it while they are in season.
This feijoa loaf is easy to bake and good for you.
- 1 C (heaped) of peeled and chopped feijoas
- 1 C boiling water
- 1/2 C sugar
- 50g Butter
- 1 C flour
- 1 C bran flakes
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin
2. Place feijoa's, water, sugar and butter into a medium size saucepan and heat gently for five minutes then remove and leave it to cool.
3. Once cooled down mix in remaining ingredients, until ingredients are just moistened.
4. Place in loaf tin and cook for 50 minutes or until an inserted sewer comes out clean.