You will need;
- Cocolate cake
- Rectangle cake tin
- Cake board
- Round Biscuits (I used Mint Slice)
1. Using my Chocolate Cake recipe I baked a rectangle shaped cake, then using a bread knife I cut the cake to be as close to a rectangle as possible, then covered it in yellow buttercream.
2. Place a dollop of buttercream on your cake board then place the cake on top, this will keep the cake in place on the board.
3. I used fondant to cover the cake and round parts on top. First you need to colour the fondant, it is best to use a gel or powder form of colour as the liquid version tends to make the fondant too tacky to handle. Roll out the fondant to a rectangle large enough to cover the top and sides of your cake.
4. Sandwich two biscuits together using some buttercream. Use left over fondant to cover biscuits, place a dollop of butter cream on the bottom of the biscuit sandwich and place on top of the cake.